If you have been in the job market over the last 2-5 years you may have been asked to take a psychological personality assessment test issued by a company called Talent Plus. Talent Plus is a company known in the industry for providing outsourced interviewing and assessments. They have developed a state-of-the-art process to determine the best candidate for the job. Once they have analyzed our answers based on a myriad of questions, they will send the results to your potential employer. Don’t be alarmed if you are asked to take one of these assessments. Although they can last up to 2 hour the questions are mainly generic and repetitious. Each question is slightly tweaked to fit the position for which you have applied, and are designed to determine if you personality and work style will be match with the company’s culture. The most important thing to know is be relaxed and answer honestly and consistently.
Talent Plus has managed to interview hundreds of successful people with the same questions, evaluated the answers to the questions, and developed a great assessment to evaluate candidates which has shown a great track record of high retention and excellent job performance for candidates chosen. The assessment categories are broken into different area like leadership, competitiveness, ambition, and work ethic. In each category, you are asked a series of “yes or no” questions, “rate yourself from 1-10”, and “give an example of….”
Below, I have listed some of the many types of questions that you can expect to hear during a Talent Plus Assessment. There is no magic formula for passing these types of assessments but the questions below may help you better understand what information the questions are designed to extract from a candidate.
- How much do you want people to like you?
- Do you think that it is important for your clients to like you?
- Do you think that it is important for your co-workers to like you?
- What are the most important aspects of customer service?
- Are you more competitive than people you work with?
- Then the ask you to rate competitiveness on a scale of 1-10
- Give an example of how you’re competitive.
- Do complaining co-workers affect you?
- Do you complain?
- Do complaints bother you?
- Do you find yourself leading others or falling into leadership roles easily?
- Are you intuitive? Rate your intuition & leadership.
- Do you work harder than others?
- Are you smarter than others?
- Do you think it’s important to be a leader?
- Give an example of when you showed yourself as a leader
- Do you meet deadlines?
- Do you meet obligations?
- Are you ambitious?
- Compared to your friends, how ambitions are you on a scale of 1-10.
- Do you think it’s important to meet deadlines?
- Do you work faster to meet deadlines?
- Do you finish your work faster than others?